"I was taken ill while holidaying ..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Newport)

I was taken ill while holidaying on the island and taken to St. Marys by ambulance, from the moment I arrived in A & E to my discharge I could not fault the care given, from Dave in A & E to the staff on Whittingham ward. This hospital is in my humble opinion a bench mark for all NHS trusts. It is truly a jewel that the residents of the island can be duly proud. Having come back to the main land and tried to get a doctors appointment has shown me just how efficient your system is. Well Staff Nurse and the team on the ward thanks again you are better than any drugs in the fight against illness.

There are so few improvements to be made on a system that is so well organised just don't change your work ethos.

If it were at all possible a pay rise to all staff in recognition of their loyalty and professional commitments to the hospital

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such positive and valuable feedback on our services, which we have passed to the staff concerned.

We are sorry to hear that you had the necessity to use the PCT services during your holiday, but are pleased that you found the care provided by the PCT to be of high quality.

The PCT welcomes all feedback, as it is this that enables the Island's NHS to improve its services.