"I am over whelmed by the care, patience, friendliness of every single person who I came across."

About: Lister Hospital / Accident and emergency Lister Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I wanted to express my thanks and experience I have had with the NHS. I had a tonsillectomy and have been struggling with the recovery and became unwell. I used my local GP one day, out of hours at Lister Hospital in Stevenage on another.

Unfortunately I still felt very un-well so used A&E in Stevenage (the first time I have been in my adult life).

I cannot stress enough that the care I received from the moment I walked into A&E was 100%. I only wish that I had the names of every person in those 24hours who helped and cared for me and they could be thanked and recognised individually. If I hadn't been poorly then I may have remembered! From the lovely nurse who took my bloods when I arrived, who then made sure I was ok and seen to every way until I left A&E. To the Matron who took me up to the ward.

The lovely ENT doctors who saw me on day 1 at A&E and then day 2 to discharge me. To the nurses who welcomed me onto the surgical assessment ward and looked after me there. To the man who asked if I was ok in the middle of the night and got me some water. To the chatty window cleaner with a smile in the morning.

I was taken back, just how much work and effort goes in for the care of one person.

I thank everyone of you so much.

Response from Peter Gibson, Associate director, public affairs, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust

Thanks for the feedback, which we will be delighted to share with our colleagues at the Lister's emergency department. We're sure they would want to join us in wishing you a good and speedy recovery.