"Outstanding Nurse ERU"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

Unfortunately I recently had to attend A&E with my nana due to an exacerbation of her COPD.

After spending some time in A&E, with a quiet and rude nurse, we were transfered to ERU. I cannot express how grateful I am for the nurse (Stevie Docherty) in the GP bay, he was so caring and upbeat, making us feel at ease instantly. Stevie was amazing, he took his time to explain what he planned to do and why, reassured my nana and most importantly - took time to smile, laugh and have a genuine conversation. Stevie is an absolute credit to your hospital!

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Granddaughter23

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Monkalnds Hospital.

I appreciate coming to hospital with a sick relative is very distressing and I'm sorry that your experience in A&E was not more positive. I will discuss this with the SCN for the department.

However I am delighetd to hear your experience in ERU was so positive and it will be a pleasure to share your feedback with Nurse Docherty. As an experienced, senior nurse Stevie, recognises the importance of putting people at ease which undoubtedly helped your Nana.

I hope your Nana is recovering well from the exacerbation of her COPD.