"Emergency care at Cramlington Specialist..."

About: Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Whilst on holiday in Northumbria I was admitted to Cramlington Specialist Emergency Care Hospital with chest pains and breathing problem,this was on a Sunday morning. The care I received was extraordinary; first with the A&E staff; then on the Coronary Care Unit, and then the Respiratory Unit. At each stage, every single member of staff provided a professional, kind, caring and reassuring service. The root cause of my health problems, was quickly established, and a course for recovery implemented. All facilities at Cramlington are second to none, from registration, right down to the staff and facilities in the discharge lounge. Throughout my life I have always received extremely good care in Nottingham with the NHS, but the care and facilities you have there is so good. Many thanks again. David Sheath

Response from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Wow David - huge thanks for your amazing review. I'm obviously really pleased your care was excellent but I do hope your hospital stay with us didn’t ruin your holiday?

Our teams will be really chuffed to read about how they delighted you at every stage of your care - thanks for giving us the chance to forward your kind words to them.

If your holiday was cut short I do hope you'll consider returning to Northumbria soon, to make the most of the beautiful scenery and perhaps avoid hospital admission next time?

Take care of yourself and thanks again,

Annie Laverty - Director of Patient Experience