"T I A (Mini Stroke)"

About: South Tyneside District Hospital / Accident and emergency

2 weeks ago I suffered a T I A, my first contact was with the NHS helpline, (111), the operator assessed my condition and provided a paramedic and ambulance within minutes.

On arrival at A&E my treatment was caring and efficient.

My later aftercare at the TIA clinic and various scans was caring, efficient and above all friendly, I felt at all times I was treated with great care, dignity and respect, a human being, not just a number.

My treatment, from first contact up to my later aftercare, during a time of great personal fear can only be described as brilliant, well done all!

Response from South Tyneside District Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback following your attendance at the A&E department and the treatment you received from the Stroke service. We are very pleased to learn that you had such a positive experience and that you were happy with the care and treatment you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it helps us to gain an understanding of what is important to our patients.

Your kind feedback will be shared with our Business Manager to ensure that this can be shared with the relevant staff.

We hope that you are feeling much better and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on NHS Choices.