"Visit to A&E on 14 Sept with dislocated right..."

About: Northern General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I recently attended the A&E department with a dislocated shoulder and I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My treatment was absolutely first class from the receptionist all the way through to the nurses, radiographer and consultants. What an amazing team and I feel extremely lucky to have access to such an excellent hospital with such caring and knowledgeable staff. When I was discharged from A&E just 3/4 hours after I was admitted, I was a very different person. I had never experienced such horrendous pain in all my life but the staff were empathetic right from the start. I was lucky that my shoulder was 'reduced' at the first attempt and I didn't feel a thing due to the pain relief, reassurance and care. They always told me what was happening and warned me what may happen if the procedure didn't work. Thank you so much.

Response from Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback about your experience in our A&E department. Staff always appreciate and are encouraged by receiving such kind words and will we ensure they are passed on to them.

We hope you are continuing to recover well, kind regards