"Accident & Emergencies Service"

About: King George Hospital / Accident and emergency

I had a fall from ladder at home and when it became apparent that I had to visit A & E after discussions with 111 I was a bit apprehensive in view of all the negative press coverage recently. However, upon arrival (around 18.30 p.m.)

I was treated very well by everyone, i.e from initial assessment to discharge. The person at the assessment was very pleasant and friendly, (couldn't say the same about the person in window 1 where there was no empathy).The Doctor who saw me and the X-Ray Technician were very re-assuring and brilliant. I cam away felling well looked after and assured. Keep up the good work guys.

Response from King George Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and I am delighted that we were able to change your initial perspective of King George Hospital. It is wonderful to hear that the staff you encountered in our Accident and Emergency Department treated you so well. Kindness and empathy go a long way and I am pleased that this was experienced by the majority of our staff you came into contact with. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto them. Thank you once again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Yours Sincerely