"13th Sept 2016 Colonoscopy"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I was referred for a Colonoscopy at Southampton General due a family history of Bowel Cancer, Luckily, I was clear / normal. However, I would very much like to commend the Endoscopy team on professionalism and patient care. Realizing there had been a booking error where several patients had been given appointments all at the same time, we were taken aside privately and given a sincere apology and told when we could actually expect to be seen - I was the last on the list. Even at the end of what must have been a very challenging day, every one of the staff I saw, Receptionist, Healthcare Assistant, Nurse, Specialist Endoscopy Nurse, was not only professional but also friendly and understanding. I got a perfect painless cannula and a complete and 'considerate' endoscopy. The staff were happy to explain what we were seeing and answer any questions I had. The whole team were a real credit to the NHS. Well Done!!!

Response from Acting Head of Complaints, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Luna

Thnak you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback to our endoscopy team. I will ensure that I pass your comments on.

Kind Regards