"I feel that a lot of my trauma could have been minimised"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Accident & emergency Heartlands Hospital / Gynaecology

Went to a and e at bhh presenting at 11/40 with heavy pv bleed. R/v by nurse practitioner told to go home and await events and booked me in for s scan in 10/7. Clearly I was very distressed as I was worried about pregnancy. With the worry I ended up going to mums (private h/c facility) and was told I had lost my baby (and had to pay £80). I had no care and ended up losing my very precious baby down the toliet the next day and went onto to lose 2 litres of blood and collapsed and ended up in gynae ward. I am still traumatised by the events that happened at hope following the loss of my baby. If the anp had booked a scan to investigate the Pv bleed on admission a lot of my trauma could have been minimised.

Dear Traumatised

Thank you for providing your comments regarding your experience at the Accident and Emergency Department at Heartlands Hospital.

May I firstly extend my sincere condolences to you on the loss of your baby, I am so sorry and saddened to read the details of your experience.

I would very much like the opportunity to investigate your experience in more detail. Can I please ask you to contact me at your convenience so that I may obtain some more information from you?

I can be contacted by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net

or by telephone: 0121 424 0808, 9am - 2pm Monday to Friday, and a voicemail service is in operation at all other times. We will return your call at the earliest opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards