"I could not have asked for better treatment"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

I was admitted to Monklands Hospital with neutropenia sepsis following my first chemotherapy session. Originally admitted to the Emergency Receiving Unit, I was later transferred to Ward 2, infectious disease.

Staff dealt with me swiftly and efficiently. I was quite stressed and concerned but the efficiency of treatment helped reassure me.

All the staff I came into contact with were kind, effective and caring. From the catering staff, clinical support, pharmacists, nurses and doctors I could not have asked for better treatment. Everyone was kind, friendly and the epitome of professionalism.

Special thanks to Staff nurse, Cathy M. I had a bit of a meltdown one day when I thought my stay was being extended thereby jeopardising my cancer treatment. Cathy was very caring and calmed me down. I'm not sure I ever really managed to let her know how much I appreciated this. Thanks again Cathy.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Amac22

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of the care you received in ward 2, The multidisciplinary team work extremely hard to meet the needs of both patients and their families and to ensure that care is delivered with dignity, respect and compassion. I know the staff of ward 2 will be delighted to know they have made such an impact and I will take great pleasure in passing your comments on.

I hope you are recovering well

Kindest regards