"Colonoscopy Unit"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I arrived on time and was immediately taken to into the unit and processed through to be ready to proceed. Staff explanation and interest in my comfort and welfare was very high and although at a previous appointment it had been explained to me what would happen it was repeated to ensure i was comfortable with everything. The doctor was particularly concerned at my comfort and proceeded with the examination most sensitively and efficiently. The nurses attending were also very caring and contributed to my comfort during the procedure. greatly. I was most relieved when the doctor gave me a summary of the examination that cleared me of serious illness and their explanation of what they had found was done with great care and clarity so that I left the unit feeling most relieved and satisfied I had nothing further to worry about. From start to finish of the examination, I can positively state the professional quality of everyone was first class. I could have felt there were no other patients and that I was the only one they had to attend to. I would be grateful if you would ensure that everyone involved is advised that i am appreciative of their efforts towards my concerns. I am sure not enough people express their satisfaction to them in their work and that on this occasion they sent away a man who will never forget what they did for me and how they went about it. The equipment and atmosphere of the unit is excellent and as a very worried patient when I arrived I felt I was in a very professional place that knew what it was doing and cared in doing it. Prince Charles with private health insurance could not have received better treatment than I had yesterday. My thanks to everyone who I realise will only remember me as a name.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Kevin,

Can I thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the care you received on the Endoscopy Unit at Lincoln County Hospital when you underwent your Colonoscopy. It is always good to get feedback and such positive comments are always welcome.

The Team on Endoscopy try very hard to give both personalised and efficient care to all patients and feedback like yours is always a fantastic boost; the whole team can see from this that they are achieving the standard of care they aspire to deliver.

Please be assured your comments will be shared with the team involved and once again many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Kind Regards,