"Excellent maxofacial sugery experience"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Birmingham)

As someone who is utterly petrified of the dentist, the idea of oral surgery scared me beyond belief. But I have to highly commend the staff in the outpatients minor surgery clinic on the 8th of September. The two surgeons I encountered and the two memebers of nursing staff I encountered were absolutely amazing. They were incredibly patient, caring, kind and considerate, they made me feel at ease and assured even though I was genuinely petrified. I would just like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for the amazing service they provided!

On a side note just to notify website managers there us no dropdown option for maxofacial surgery or outpatient services on this site......

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back about your experience under the care of the Maxillofacial Team at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are delighted to hear that staff were caring, kind and considerate making you feel at ease.

Your kind words been forwarded to senior staff for this department so they can share it with their team members. Feedback like this is greatly valued as staff love to hear they have made such a positive difference.

Thank you also for letting us know about the issue relating to the department list on the NHS Choices website. Our web team are looking into this and should be able to rectify it as part of a much bigger piece of work that that is being done on the webpage. This may take some time but please be reassured it will be rectified as soon as possible. In the meantime if patients give details in their feedback relating to the department that treated them we are always able to ensure the feedback gets to the right place.

If you would like to provide any further feedback about your experience please visit the hospital webpage www.uhb.nhs.uk/yourviews