"A+E"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was admitted to A+E on 10/09/16 suffering with a suspected hypo, I have also had to attend with my Wife and two small Grandchildren during the past 12 months for different reasons,and on all occasions we have been treated with the utmost respect, have received first class quality of care and attention, and I cannot praise the staff enough.

It is fairly obvious that the staff are working under duress, with the number of patients who are attending, and the limitation of beds available, but nevertheless continue to put the patients first and treat them in the way that they have been trained to do. Well done Blackpool Victoria, and keep up the good work.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ken

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience in our A+E department at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals. It is wonderful to read that despite the department being very busy you were treated with respect and received the attention and care we would expect you to receive. It is good to hear that this was also the case when your family have attended previously.

I will share your positive comments with teams involved who I know will be pleased to read them.

Thank you once more for providing your feedback.

Kind Regards