"Unnecessary bureaucracy"

About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART) North Devon District Hospital / General medicine

I am writing about booking a hospital appointment at North Devon District Hospital. I think it is far too complicated. In my opinion there are too many unnecessary departments to book an appointment. I think it should be kept simple. I also think this form which I have been sent is unnecessary bureaucracy and more money wasted.

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear 'Biker757',

Firstly, many apologies for the delay in my response.

Secondly, I'm very sorry that it was not straightforward for you to make your hospital appointment. Our aim is that every patient should be able to make one phone call and book their appointment there and then for a time and place that suits them, and this is obviously not what happened in your case.

It is difficult for me to say what went wrong without more details but we have made some changes to the booking system since you posted your message and so I would hope that this problem has been resolved in the process.

We are taking the information given in the feedback we receive and using it to improve our service so thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Kind regards,