"The Magnificent NHS!"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital / General surgery

Yesterday, 12th September, I witnessed the magnificence of the NHS at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport. I was admitted as a day patient for a procedure on my back and sent to D5 into the care of a Nurse. The nurse kindly explained everything and reassured me that the General Anaesthetic I would be having would be fine - they could clearly detect my anxiety! I then met the Anaesthetist and Consultant and was taken to Theatre, where I could see it was so busy! Despite this, the staff were so kind and welcoming. I met a Nurse who was a true professional! Once again the nurse detected my anxiety about the operation and helped to calm me down. The GA was a breeze, it felt like I had been out for seconds, all ok! I want to thank the full team for their dedication & commitment! Especially to my consultant who has been fantastic from me meeting them. The ward was sparkling too!! Time for the government to invest properly in our amazing Health Service, free for all at the point of entry! How lucky we are!

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the NHS Choices website. I have forwarded your feedback to the staff on ward D5 and the Surgery Business Group to share. I am pleased to hear that the nursing staff were able to support you with your anxiety and I wish you a speedy recovery.

PALS Team Lead