"Don't they know how scary this is"

About: Ayr Hospital / Urology

Received excellent treatment with an appointment with Mr Meddings one day and operated on for removal the next day. Everyone was excellent and was told a CT Scan would be done and given an appointment for the results.

Very quickly received an appointment and scan was duly done.

Now today, I am horrified to have received a telephone call saying pathology are very busy and short staffed, they have not only cancelled my appointment but cannot give a date when the results will be available!

I now have to live with the possibility it may have spread and absolutely nothing is being done about it. Don't they know how scary this is....

Dear sungal555,

I am sorry you are under this cloud longer than necessary. No one really know what you are going through and I can only imagine how scary it all is.

I am not exactly sure what was cancelled but if you contact me and give me details, I may be able to establish how long this delay is likely to be which may help a little.

On the other hand, I am glad that care until now was quick and efficient. I can be contacted on 01563 826222 or email me on Eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk

Kind regards,

Dear sungal555,

Thank you for being in touch off-line. I will be back in touch as soon as possible.

best wishes,

Eunice

Update posted by sungal555 (a relative)

Thank you Eunice, it is a very worrying time where 'time is of the essence', and your help is much appreciated.

Dear sungal555,

The manager for this area has now sorted this to your satisfaction I believe. I am so glad we got a solution for you. Thank you again for contacting us through Patient Opinion.

Best wishes,

• sungal555 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by sungal555 (a relative)

I can't thank yourself and Janice enough Eunice. Appointment made for this Friday which is a huge relief.

Once again, many thanks.

Dear sungal555,

I'm really glad that we could help. Good luck for Friday, I hope it all goes well.

smile