"Aggressive behaviour and language"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Psychiatry

There have been several incidents regarding a member of staff using inappropriate and aggressive language. I was spoken to in a very derogatory manner, sworn at and humiliated.

Is this what the NHS has become? This is a disgusting way to act especially since the positive focus of ridding the stigma of mental I'll health recently has began to penetrate the minds of the majority of people.

Response from Kathryn Ferguson, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear The unhappy

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced several incidents regarding a staff member. This is not the standard we would expect from our staff and I am dissappointed to hear this. If you could contact me either by email at kathryn.ferguson@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk or phone 01698 858292, I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Kathryn

Update posted by The unhappy (the patient)

I havent received any communications since i emailed the above address. Feels like its been swept under the carpet

Response from Rick Edwards, Patient Information & Experience Manager, Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear The unhappy,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received a response to your e-mail, I know Kathryn is on annual leave at the moment.

I've spoken to her colleague Valerie who would be happy to hear from you if you feel able to contact her. You can contact her by your preferred method; e-mail valerie.fisher@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk or telephone her on Tel No: 01698 858321.

Dear The unhappy,

Thanks for getting in touch with Valerie. I can confirm that your concerns are being invstigated by the relevant service. We will provide you with a response in line with the complaints process.

If you need further information about the complaints process, your health rights, or the Patient Advice and Support Service, please visit the "Your Feedback" section of the NHS Lanarkshire website www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk