"Depression waiting on hospital services"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Pre Operative Assessment South Lanarkshire Council

My mum had a stroke and was discharged from hairmyres hospital in June. My wife attended a meeting while she was in Hairmyres and was assured a stair lift would be in place in 12 wks. My mum has been discharged and the south lanarkshire council have now told us the earliest time may be Jan 2017. My mum is now suffering from depression and says constantly in front of my son she would be better off dead my son is 13. Her mobility has also deteriorated as she is confined to one room. This is modern Scotland. She also has no alert yet which she has been referred for as an emergency. How is she supposed to get down the stairs if there is a fire or takes unwell and is unable to contact anyone?

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jonjam

I was so sorry to read your post above. This is clearly a very difficult time for your mum and your family.

I've spoken to my social work colleague Jan Alexander, and shared your feedback with her. She has asked that you phone 01355 584 096 and ask for her or Anna Dunlop, so that they can review progress with this.

I hope that this will be helpful to you and your mum.

Best Wishes