"excellent A & E"

About: Torbay Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was received in A & E on 7th Sept on referral from my GP for a potential heart condition. From the start , from reception through staff in all categories - porters to doctors -

I found everyone to be efficient , friendly and helpful .I had to undergo tests over a 5 hour period which was , of course , stressful but the attitude of Staff throughout was key in keeping my concerns under control.Also , I noted the cleanliness of the premises - excellent!I have read critical reports of this Hospital. This was the second time that I have received emergency treatment and my experience is completely at odds with those views . Keep it up Torbay , you are doing a great job.Best RegardsM. Brookes.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear M Brookes

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback, dated 8 September 2016, to NHS Choices. I was very pleased to read that your experience of Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust’s A&E service, was such a positive one. It is always great to read about how friendly and efficient the staff have been, not to forget how clean the premises were.

Staff always appreciate hearing about when things have gone well, so your feedback will be shared with the matron of the A&E service, who will share it with the staff at the next team meeting.

If there is anything further that I can help you with, you can contact me directly at sdhct.PatientServices@nhs.net.

Yours sincerely