"Lost in the system!"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Gynaecology

I attended an appointment at gynaecology on June 4th. Appointments were running two hours late, which was not a great start. I eventually saw a consultant, discussed my case and agreed what was to happen next. I was told to expect a 12 week wait for treatment. I waited for 12 weeks and heard nothing, no follow up or date for the procedure I needed. I called the department on 5th September to find out what was happening with my case. I have been told nothing was done after my June appointment, the notes weren't passed on, letters weren't forwarded to the correct people.I had basically been lost in your system. So now I have to wait two weeks for my case to be discussed at a consultants meeting and then I will be added to an18 week waiting list. This is unacceptable, every aspect of my life is affected by my condition and to have to wait another 3-4 months is disgraceful.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Gemma L,

We are extremely sorry for the significant delay at your appointment in clinic and that you appear to have been lost in the system.

Unfortunately, I cannot investigate this or give a full response without your details. I would be grateful if you could contact our PALS team on 01522 707071 or email PALS@ulh.nhs.uk so I can investigate further. Please quote reference PO 313161 when responding.

Ellen Ewer