"Compass Worker"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Mental Health Services for Older People – Community (County)

(as a carer),

I wasn't aware Compass workers existed or what they did, however I was referred to & contacted by one (Videlle) from Bassetlaw NHS, what a difference! At a time when I was struggling caring for my elderly mother, Videlle offered support& direction when I didn't know what to do, I am really grateful for everything she's done for me over the last few weeks.

Response from Mike Chappell, Compass Worker Service Lead, Mental Health Services for Older People, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

It's wonderful to get such positive feedback. Caring for a loved one with dementia can be a difficult and lonely task, however, it can also be rewarding and fulfilling. As Compass workers we are, or have been carers ourselves, so we know how hard it can be. We try to provide the best support we can to carers, so it's nice to know we're making a difference.

Thank you.

Response from Emma Hutton, Community Services Manager, Mental Health Services for Older People, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback on your experience of the Compass service, its great to hear that you received the support you needed and we will pass your comments on to the staff concerned.