"Lack of Care"

I started going there just over 3 years ago with depression and suicidal tendancies. My care started off well until my CPN went off sick then never came back, since then i spent over a year waiting for new CPN to be assigned and it was only my GP chasing them that one was. Since then i have seen them twice in nearly 2 years, last time i saw them I asked to be transferred to Canterbury as i felt that they didn't give a damn about me. They said they would and would take 6-8 weeks to do referral (LOL that was 4 months ago and i'm still waiting). As we left i was told unless i'm a serious threat to myself or over people i will not get the help i need, even now i am still chasing them, leaving messages but yet receiving no call back at all. I'm disgusted with how they show so little concern or regard for mental health patients

Response from Shepway Community Mental Health Team

We are really sorry to hear about the delays you’ve experienced in accessing support,

and that appointments were cancelled at short notice due to staff leave.

We are working to make changes to ensure that appointment cancellations are kept to a minimum including, through being mindful of staff leave, improved communications when cancellations do have to be made.

Whilst we wouldn’t wish to enter into a discussion of a specific case on a public website, we would like the chance to discuss things with you to see if we can better support you and ask that you raise these matters at your appointment this month. Alternatively please feel free to call the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757 or email patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

Response from Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust We are preparing to make a change

We hope that you have been able to speak with our Patient Experience Team in order to feel reassured on this matter.

We continue to feel concerned to that your experience of our service was not as supportive and helpful as you would wish.
We acknowledge that staffing limits can mean that people wait longer than we would want to access support.
Whilst we would not wish to discuss individual cases on a public website Maria Gallagher, the Service Manager, would be pleased to hear from you and meet with you.
In this way, we can better support you and in the longer term identify any service improvements we can make.

Marie can be contacted on 01303 227510 or via email at marie.gallagher@kmpt.nhs.uk during office hours.