"excellent treatment from everyone"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Physiotherapy (A&E) Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I attended Crosshouse Hospital A&E with a swollen right knee diagnosed as an osteoarthritic flare up. I had excellent treatment from everyone involved starting from the receptionist who saw my discomfort and fetched me a wheelchair, and after only a short wait a nurse wheeled me to a cubicle. I should add that I have had similar flare ups to the right knee on rare occasions over the past fifty years following the removal of a cartilidge, but the swelling and pain normally subsided in a short while. However, this particular episode has not resolved itself. My thanks to the junior doctor and her senior (Dr Mulligan? ) for their attention. However, I was particularly fortunate in my view that Gemma, a physiotherapist is part of the A&E team and recognised the problems and has implemented remedial action to resolve any problem.

Thank you all.

Dear Gust396,

I have passed your post to Gemma, Dr Mulligan and the team. It is lovely to get such nice feedback, and I am absolutely sure everyone will be delighted. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you got on at this visit to Crosshouse A/E.

I hope your knee is good now and doesn't flare up again.

best wishes,

Eunice

Update posted by Gust396 (the patient)

unfortunately the swelling has not reduced which has always been the case with previous episodes I have always been a very active person and my reduced mobility is causing me much frustration However fortunately I am attending physiotherapy tomorrow and trust the treatment to be given will produce a positive outcome.

I do hope so.