"martlesham ward"

About: Ipswich Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

The surgeon performed an anterior cervical procedure on my neck.I have had many operations at west Suffolk hospital but this was my first at Ipswich,so I was feeling a little anxious .I need not have worried as I was treated so kindly and professionally by each and everyone who had anything to do with me.I say a massive thankyou to my surgeon , nursing staff anaesthetist, and a super kind nurse at the assessment. Everything was explained to me and I was asked at every stage if I understood or had any questions. Everyone introduced themselves and I felt reassured at all times that I was being well cared for. The meals were nicely presented with an excellent choice. Once again thank you to you all. I am due to have another procedure shortly and have no qualms about going back.

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback, I am pleased that we managed to make you feel as relaxed as possible and your procedure was a stress-free as we could make it. I will pass your kind words on to the teams concerned and I know they will be thrilled that they managed to make what could have been a stressful time as relaxing as possible.