"Unsatisfactory consultation"

About: Hertford County Hospital / Dermatology

Was dissatisfied with consultation. Dr asked me what the results of the blood tests were - they have the results not me. They didn,t even bother to look at them. I had been referred to consultant for fat atrophy on my arms & now it is also affecting my thighs. Was told by consultant to remove my T shirt (explained I had no bra on) .Why? When the problem is on my arms & thighs. Found it embarrassing. All they kept remarking on was the brownness on my arms . I explained I take my dog for a walk of at least an hour every day using sunscreen. I never sit in the sun!

They then said it was dermatitis which it clearly isn't & wanted to discharge me. When I had 3 biopsies, a doctor thought the problem was Lupus dystrophy, Lupus Scleroderma or Panniculitis certainly not dermatitis. When I stated I wasn't happy with this diagnosis they said I should have a further deeper Biopsy.

As the condition is now also affecting my thighs, I just want to know what it is & if there is a treatment as I don,t know if it will affect other parts of my body. I have no confidence in this consultant.

Response from Hertford County Hospital

We're really sorry that you were unhappy with the dermatologist that you saw recently at Hertford County.

If you email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net, we are happy to ask our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) team to intervene on your behalf.