"Still waiting for a response"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital / Vascular surgery

What a pity that the Royal Sussex has not even dignified my comments of 13th August with an acknowledgement, let alone any kind of considered response. What is the point of opening up lines of communication to patients and their families if that communication remains one-way? I realise in all this that my father's case was relatively routine. In that case, I dread to think how the hospital responds to patients and families when it comes to a crisis -- or maybe one needs to precipitate some kind of crisis to obtain some kind of answer. As the consultant told me on my first visit to see my father: "Sometimes, sharp elbows are needed to get results."

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Dear Mr Shapiro

Thank you for your recent messages.

I was so very sorry to learn of your father’s sad death at our hospital and offer you and your family my sincere condolences on your loss.

Regrettably, due to unforeseen circumstances within our Patient Experience team we have not been able to respond to comments on this site as quickly as we would wish.

I appreciate this has only added to your poor experience of our services at an already extremely difficult time.

I would very much like to discuss this with you in more detail and would be grateful if you could contact me directly by email at jane.carmody@bsuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01273 664511

Best wishes