"I don't know what to do"

About: Three Towns Resource Centre / General Psychiatry

I am really worried about getting discharged from the CMHT again. The last time I was so happy and hoped it was all over and the treatment and support I got was very good but it wasn't over and I'm still experiencing anxiety and low mood through periods of the year. The CMHT is reliable and it's safe and I know they have seen it all so you don't feel as ashamed as what you sometimes can if you go to the GP. I don't want treatment from the GP right now no offense but I scared and I question their judgement when I am really high strung and anxious and paranoid at times of high anxiety about mental health. I don't want to take a place in the CMHT if it isn't necessary and when there are really ill people out there either. It is just hard to know what to do or where you suppose to place yourself when you get like that if you don't tick all the boxes for example if you don't have psychosis, I don't want to get ill and change job again my CV is a riot I try and do as many things as I can to help my mental health because I'm aware enough to do that. I tried to sit it out last time but the anxiety is so bad that when it goes away now and depression follows, I am struggling to identify when I am actually getting low mood because I just feel so relieved that the high levels of anxiety are shifting. And I have had plenty of help from the psychologist he has been a legend but I don't know what I'm suppose to do. you cant stay in therapy for the sake of feeling safe and sometimes depression and anxiety just happens. The more immature you are the worse the anxiety is sometimes, but I don't want to go round in circles as I get older with depression and its so hard to remember the last time you felt happy when you get it but I don't know what to do.

Dear secret,

I see you are in quite a turmoil about it all and I'm sorry you are having such a dilemma, it must be very scary, Something strikes me about your post and I wonder if you realise just how considerate and kind you come across in your post. Your internal debate demonstrates a balance of the issues and you should be very proud of the selflessness you exhibit here.

All that said, you are still in a turmoil so what can we do to help? Firstly, I will pass this to the team and seek their advice but I wonder if a chat about these fears will be helpful. If you would like me to help set up a chat with someone in the CMHT, please contact me on 01563 826222 or email Eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk

Best wishes,

• secret thinks this response is helpful