"The more than words programme"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Speech and Language Therapy

(as a parent/guardian),

My son was referred to the more than words programme by his speech therapist who had expressed concerns about his speech and development, the course was run by Ann and it was fantastic. The course has really helped both my son and myself to move forward with his interaction and speech, I have a daughter with autism as well and it's helped her as well but I can't speak highly enough of Ann, she presented the course in a way that was very enjoyable at the same time as very informative and would highly recommend it for anyone who has children with social interaction problems or autism.

Response from Karen Dixon, Manager for Children & Young People, Speech and Language Therapy, NHS Lanarkshire

Thank you for your feedback about our MTW's course. I will pass on your kind words to Ann.

It is fantastic that you found the course helpful. As you have said the course aims to support you as your son's main communication partner to feel confident and for both of you to be able to communicate together.

In our team we aim to work with parents as partners and love to hear your feedback.

If you enjoy using social media you may like to follow us on twitter @slt north where we aim to provide information and advice about a range of communication needs.

Kind Regards