"Thank you my NHS"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was out in Lincolnshire on a motorcar event when the clutch on my car went. I got out of the car and started to push it and badly hurt my right ankle.

I went to the drop in center in Lincoln, who advised I go to Lincoln County A&E. I got there, registered with the receptionist, who told me there was a 1. 5 h wait. After 1 h 45 min I saw the doctor who diagnosed me with a Achilles Tendon rupture. After another wait a nurse applied the plaster. I was then referred to an orthopedic specialist.

Although I waited about 6 hours in total, I have absolutely no complaints towards the staff. Everyone, from the receptionist, to the doctor to the nurse were absolutely fantastic. The pressure they were under however was unbelievable. I couldn’t believe how many people were waiting with minor issues and taking up staff time! Despite the terrible circumstances, the staff were absolute stars.

People just don’t realise that the NHS has limited resources and that they are so lucky to even benefit from such an incredible system. Thank you my NHS!

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Bubble770

Thank you for these kind words regarding your recent visit to Lincoln A&E, it is always a pleasure to be able to share these positive comments with the team. I hope you have a speedy recovery from your injury.

Regards,