About: Royal Bolton Hospital / Ophthalmology

My visit was satisfactory from the moment I entered reception, I had broke my leg the week prior to my visit, the receptionist offered to try and find me a wheelchair which they did within minutes. I was then pushed by nursing staff from room to room for my various checks and all seemed happy to do so. My last visit was with my consultant that day. It was found a few months ago that I had a retinal branch vein occlusion which had been treated with injections. My consultant kindly took me through the results showing me the scans and explaining to me exactly what was going on and it would appear that the treatment has been successful. Many thanks to teh consultant for their kind attitude and professionalism.

The NHS seems to receive nothing but negative press on a daily basis, if the system is broken it is definitely not down to the front line staff who have my support and thanks.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Dear Mr Dawson, it does often seem to be that complainants make more noise than those people who were happy with their care, so thank you for your posting. We are very pleased you were satisfied with your experience.