"feel my husband is being blamed for health and safety issue"

About: Ayr Hospital / Vascular Surgery

My husband was admitted to vascular ward.the next day he was informed about mistake with medication. the day after that he got to fire escape and fell down stairs while in wheelchair he has right leg below knee amputee was not found by staff on level 2 but someone from level 3. also fire door was not alarmed feel this very much health and safety issue and no explanation given also feel my husband is being blamed as he is disorientated now. think only choice is to seek legal advice.

Dear og,

You have a variety of issues here worthy of exploring and I can appreciate why you may wish to go via the legal route, and that is absolutely within your rights to do.

There are a couple of other avenues as well. You could contact our complaints team on 0800 169 1441 to lodge an official complaint.

As you used this forum, you could contact me and I can get someone to look onto this for you to get the answers you require. If you would like to meet with a senior manager to discuss your concerns, I can help to arrange that for you. Of course, starting with one road does not prevent you taking another route if you decide to do so. If you would like to contact me and give me details, I can be contacted on 01563 826222 or eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Whichever route you choose, I hope you get the answers you need and I am sorry you have found your husband's care to be less that ideal. I hoe he has recovered from what must have been a scary fall.

Kind regards,