"Outstanding Level Of Treatment & Care."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

On 11 May 2016 Feeling somewhat apprehensive I came into NTGH Ward 8 for a total right hip replacement . However from the moment of my early morning arrival I was treated with the utmost of respect & in a very professional manner by all of the staff who went out of their way to make me feel at ease prior to my surgery which took place around midday. By early afternoon I was back on the ward & by that evening I was taking my first steps aided by the nursing staff & physios who over the next two days continued to support me in regaining my mobility so that I was allowed home after only two nights in hospital.All of the staff on Ward 8 were very professional & friendly & the level of care which I received was excellent. Very special thanks must go to my consultant and their surgical team for their dedication & skill. I was walking completely unaided within days of my discharge & now just three months on from my surgery I am once again able to enjoy extended walks & participate in various other activities which for the past few years have been impossible. Thank you so much to all concerned.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Peter,

What a brilliant review – many thanks for sharing it. I'm delighted that you could get home so soon after your op and that your excellent recovery is enabling you to return to activities that are important to you.

It is also pleasing to hear that you were treated with such respect and professionalism during your stay with you on Ward 8 - we would want nothing less for our patients.

I will make sure your lovely comments get passed onto the orthopaedic team – I know that they will be greatly appreciated.

All the best to you,