"Staff were kind and efficient"

About: Dunoon General Hospital / General Surgery Inverclyde Royal Hospital / General Surgery

Had a colonoscopy at IRH. Staff were kind and efficient and the process was very well explained to me beforehand. I didn't feel rushed, nor was I left waiting around. Nice cup of tea and a sandwich afterwards. Can't fault a single thing about it. Just wanted to post this as a thank you to the staff on the colonoscopy unit, they were all lovely. I felt no stress or pain at all thanks to them.

Btw, I was referred for this procedure from the general surgery clinic at Dunoon Hospital by Mr Hannay and he was brilliant too.

I just wish someone could invent an alternative for Klean Prep.....

Response from Jacki Smart, General Manager, Clyde Sector, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Hi There

I just wanted to acknowledge your thanks on behalf of the team who will be thrilled you've taken the time to feedback your good experience. They work hard to make sure patients feel supported. I'll share this with them and ask that...should that elusive replacement for Klean prep ever emerge that you are the first to know!

Sorry about the effect and impact of that one.. I appreciate its not great!

Take care and thanks again on behalf of the team

Jacki