"My recovery is in being held back through lack of rehab"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

Returned from Greece following a heart attack whilst on holiday. Had to have heart by pass before I could fly home. Returned in July and told by the Greek surgeons I must see a cardiologist soon on my return. My GP informed Pinderfields cardiology of my case. Sent for echo a few weeks later and the results were discussed with my GP. The result stated my heart was at 30% and I would be seen in outpatients with a view for MR scan and a icd fitted if my heart remained at 30 %. My GP wrote stating I required an appointment urgently. Received the forms to apply for an appointment and was told it would be a minimum of 70 days. Went to be assessed for rehab and was told nothing they could do it was too dangerous because I have not seen a cardiologist and no care plan.

I am very upset about the lack on action, I had my operation in early June and I have been home since the 15 July and I have still not seen a cardiologist. The consultant is aware of my situation and would have thought that he would have called me up just to speak to me, lots of questions I want to ask but feel as though I am being treated with contempt, my recovery is in being held back through lack of rehab, from super care in Greece to a total lack of apathy and a feeling of being totally let down by Pinderfields.

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Keith

If you would like to contact us with you details, then we will arrange for the matter to be looked into for you. The email address is pals@midyorks.nhs.uk