"tick-borne encephalitis"

About: King's Mill Hospital / Accident and emergency

Just came back from hollyidays in Latvia with my family. Doughter spoted a tick on the same day right after a shower. In Latvia ticks are taken very serious as there is a high level of infected ticks over there. So we went to emergency straight away. Ohh.. what a waste of time.. 1st doctor was not even eble to see it- nor was willing to try to have a better look at it. 2nd doctor was like- yeah I can see something.. but at the end after trying to pull it out and messed about with they chamged their mind to 'I am not even sure what it is'.. they tried to pull it but never got it all out.. had to finish it by our selfs at home.. doctors not only had no clue what they were doing or what they are looking at they even were not willing to have a good look at what they are dealing with..

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Responses

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at King's Mill. Feedback is always important to us as we strive to provide the best possible care and we are sorry things were not up to the standard you expected. It would be most useful if you could contact our Patient Experience Team on 01623 672222 or email pet@sfh-tr.nhs.uk to discuss things in greater detail.

  • {{helpful}} of {{total()}} people think this response is helpful