"Solid care, best the staff can manage"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital / General surgery

Overall a decent level or care, communications are a bit poor, they forgot to tell me I was no longer Nil by mouth, so I sat for 3 hours needing a drink for no reason. Thats the consultants not talking to the nurses, the ward 33 staff were great. Irritating inconsistancies in visiting times across wards, if your lucky theres morning and night, I wasnt so was told no visitors before I went down for surgery. I was suprised that ther is no Wi-Fi for patients, I'd have happily paid a few ££ to have it.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to Darlington Memorial Hospital.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron for Surgery to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

I am sure they will also appreciate the feedback you include about the lack of communication you experienced.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team