"Highly recommend this hospital"

I went in for a hernia operation at the short stay surgical unit. The ward was very clean and tidy, the nurses were very helpful and welcoming. I only had to wait a few hours for my operation and in that time I had a mass of people to check on me and make sure I was fully informed of what was happening. As I was an afternoon patient I got to see the night staff at work too and they are a credit to the NHS. I saw so much cleaning in action, from beds and floors to tidying up when patients have left to go home. Nothing was too much for the ward nurses, I can't thank them enough for making me feel calm before and after my op. The doctors were excellent as well, I had my anaesthetist and their assistant, and the assistant surgeon all come and see me when I came around, not something they had to do, but they wanted to makes sure I was ok. I would highly recommend this hospital, it may be old, but looks are deceiving, good work happens here. Rest assured if you want a good hospital, pick this one.

Response from Heatherwood Hospital

Dear Perry

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Heatherwood Hospital. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good experience and it all went smoothly.

I have forwarded your comments onto the team who will be delighted to read them.

Kind Regards