"My Uncle"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / General Medicine

Myself along with 2 members of my family, were visiting my uncle in Queen Margaret ward 6. My uncle was needing the toilet, it was taking to long so my cousin pressed the alarm, a member of staff appeared and was told the urgency as regarding my uncles toilet needs. They said not to worry, if there is a mess that it would be cleaned up. How do you clean up my uncles dignity?

The same member of staff, stated to someone visiting my uncle, that he was going into care, that he would be self funding. I have to ask, what happened to confidentiality?

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Rosco1954

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of Ward 6 Queen Margaret Hospital. I was sorry to hear about your uncle and fully understand the point you make with regards to his dignity. What you describe is concerning and I would be keen to follow it up directly. Would you consider contacting me to discuss? My number is 01592 648154. In the meantime I will make sure your feedback is brought to the attention of the relevant personnel.

Louise Ewing

• Rosco1954 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife We are preparing to make a change

Dear Rosco1954

Thank you for getting in contact with me and providing me with additional information, which will enable the Team to deal with your concerns which is important. I will feedback to you directly as agreed once I hear back from the Service in terms of the action taken.

Louise

• Rosco1954 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Rosco1954 (a relative)

Dear Louise

Many thanks for your response.

I look forward to reading your feedback.

Rosco1954