About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

This is some kind of cruel n unusual torture...I have my endoscopy on Friday and haven't been allowed to take my nexium for over a week now...I'm in so much pain that I tried calling the department today between 4-5 to see if I could get any advice on how to help myself.:.soo tempting to just take a tablet that I know will help after a few hours! Firstly newlands days surgery have no endoscopy nurses in on Tuesday so they can't help...no one else can help either on any of the 4 numbers I've tried calling so current outcome .... Wait til 8:30 am til someone will be in to make suggestions! Now im worried how the endoscope will go! About 15 years ago this department dealt with my mum n were giving curried egg quiche to a gastric ward after she'd had duodenal ulcers but I thought they'd have improved by now looks like I was wrong!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very concerned about your feedback posted on NHS Choices and wishes to sincerely apologise to you for your experience trying to contact the Endoscopy Department.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers.

We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 312 7777 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk