"my hospital stay"

About: Hairmyres Hospital

I have just finished a 2 week stay an Hairmyres Hospital (Ward 6) and I was amazed at the treatment I received. This is a beautifully maintained and organised facility. Cleanliness is immaculate and the staff are wonderfully dedicated. Nothing was too much for them and they carried out their duties to the highest of professional standards with no short of good humour. I would particularly commend the two Staff nurses Sophie and Ian, whose devotion to the patients welfare was exemplary. They were the jewel in Ward 6's crown. I can't thank them enough.

the only thing that I would suggest for improvement is that I found that the lights are turned on too early

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Mr Reaper

I was delighted to read your lovely feedback, and instantly shared it with Sharon and her team on shift today. She was really pleased (as I am) that you were happy with ward 6 and your care there. You have no idea how receiving positive feedback and knowing that patients think that they are doing a good job boosts the staff's morale.

Sharon will be sure to share your comments specifically with Sophie and Iain too.

I hope your recovery progresses well