"Short stay surgical"

About: Crawley Hospital

Disappointed by the care I received in this unit.

I felt that I was an inconvenience for not responding well to the anesthetic. the need to get me home was urgent. despite bleeding from one of the wounds. A new dressing was placed in top of the soiled one without checking. I was sent home. three hours later I was readmitted to a different hospital with the bleeding. I was subsequently cleaned, and four stitches were placed where, previously one was placed. Two weeks later a further wound is still infected which is currently undergoing further treatment and more antibiotics.

I also did not think that surgical staff were supposed to enter and leave the theater and enter the anesthetic area wearing the same gloves. I would not opt for this hospital in the future, nor permit my daughter to be treated there.

Response from Jamie Moore, Divisional Chief Nurse for Surgery, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience whilst recieving care at our short stay surgical unit. Your feedback is clearly a casue of concern and I would like to investigate in more detail. Please will you contact me via email: jamie.moore@sash.nhs.uk

Many thanks