"My stay at Walsall Hospital"

About: Manor Hospital

Most of the staff were very friendly but I was waiting to hear from my Medi-Vac person when I could get a plane home and the hospital got sick of waiting and threw me out. It would not appear to be the case from their point of view. I was distraught.

Also I was sick and tired of the nurses constantly ignoring the call button only to find them chatting away and ignoring the calls. I told one of the nurses that it would not be a good idea to go on a honeymoon to UAE as it can be dangerous, she went around telling everyone I was on a computer looking for honeymoon places. But where could I have used the computer?

Some of the staff were very nice and the doctors were very good but if I get sick near there again I would not go to that hospital. They thought I was being difficult but I had been told by the agency to stay at the hospital. When I was forced out I was not in a good medical condition - so much for the British NHS.

Response from Garry Perry, Patient Relations Manager, Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust

I have also responded to this via NHS Choices.

Please do not hesitate to contact so we can look into this matter further via

Patient Relations 01922 656463

email: patientrelations@walsallhealthcare.nhs.uk

• Karen Priesmeyer doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by Karen Priesmeyer (the patient)

I will not be calling because I live in the U.S.

They made me cry, ignored everything and I am glad I live here if that is the example the British have to share especially since we have Obama care we are treated in a first class manner. Some nurses and other staff were appalling.

Good morning and I fully understand why you would be upset and this is not the standard of care we aspire to deliver. Are you able to email us directly patientrelations@walsallhealthcare.nhs.uk