"Mr oteri saved my life"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Maternity

I was told at my 20 week scan that I had placenta Previa at 24 week I had a bleed and was admitted to nettlam ward there is stayed for 4 months until my son was born 6 weeks early I had a massive bleed and had 12 pints of blood transfused in to me and had a hysterectomy I believe for it wasn't for mr oteri quick thinking and good knowledge I wouldn't be here to tell the story as it was touch and go I was treated lovely during my stay at hospital and I am truly grateful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Minniemertle,

Thank you for your comments.

We provide teams available around the clock who are here to make sure each birth safely ends with a healthy baby and a healthy happy mum.

As the Consultant on call, I had the privilege of being the head of the team on the day your baby was born and truly appreciate your kind words.

To us, each mother and each baby counts and it is stories like yours that inspire us to make our service even safer and better for mums and their babies.

Thank you very much.

Odiri Oteri,

Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynaecology

• Minniemertle thinks this response is helpful

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Hi Minniemertle

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Staff Awards for 2017 are now open for nominations.

This is the opportunity for the people of Lincolnshire to recognise the hard work, dedication and caring of hospital staff working across the county.

Nominations can be made in 11 categories recognising care and compassion, great teamwork, research and innovation and unsung heroes amongst other things.

The Great Patient Experience Award is especially important, as it is open only to patient nominations, and winners are judged by a panel of patients.

If you would like to nominate Mr Oteri for the Great Patient Experience award, information and the nomination form can be found at www.ulh.nhs.uk/about/staff-awards/

Best wishes