"Secretary -pleasant, professional, caring and informative"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

I have had a very confusing and worrying wait for results from Glasgow Royal Infirmary General Surgery (outpatient clinic A- Dr McKay) - after a week of conflicting information from various people I managed to speak to his Secretary who I have to say was the most pleasant, professional, caring and informative person I had the pleasure of speaking to. She explained the waiting times for the Pathology reports, reassuring me and giving me simple but very important information that I should have been given the day I had my surgery.

I want to make sure she is told that I appreciated what she done for me and that Glasgow Royal Infirmary are very very lucky to have someone like this working on their team.

A big thank you to be passed on.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. Firstly, I would like to say sorry that you were given conflicting information about your health. This must have only added to your worry. However, I am pleased to read that the secretary you spoke with provided you with correct information in a kind and caring way. As you say, this would have given you much needed reassurance.

I will ensure that your kind words are passed on and the secretary will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Best wishes