"Physiotherapy Aftercare"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

Generally I dont have a great deal to complain about - although I beleive my 92yr old mother who was recovering firstly from a partial hip replacement operaration and then secondary Esophagitis - she was moved to the Gastro ward and 3 days later as I was bringing a change of clothes for her was informed she was ready to go back home - I hadnt been consulted at all about this desicion either. Both Gastro and Physio had said she was ready to go home and gave me a "suitcase" of medication and a quick walk- through as to how/when to give these to my mother. Since April we have had 2 calls from the Physio/OC department - One of which were during the day I called out an emergency ambulance via 111 and the other telling me they were sorry that not one person had come and seen her for even a basic assessment - however despite these concerns they still havent made any moves to correct this.!

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your mother. We are sorry that you felt we did not meet the standards we aim for and which you, and importantly, your mother have every right to expect.

I can advise that your comments have been passed to the Physiotherapy Team Leader. However if you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team (PALS) – quoting ref: 35233

Freephone: 0800 7837 691