"A great experience!"

About: Solihull Hospital

I went yesterday to Solihull Hospital to the Breast Clinic. After living abroad for the last 10 years and hearing all sorts of British hospital nightmare stories I was understandably nervous. I had breast cancer in Sweden in 2011 and have been lucky to receive excellent care there and in Germany. I arrived to a lovely welcome after parking at the North Entrance and got greeted and directed where I had to go. Swiftly checked in and taken by a lovely person to the Breast Clinic. There I was treated with respect and kindness, listened to and understood. I had absolute faith that I was in qualified hands. Nurses were lovely and my Dr wonderful. Bravo Solihull! Keep up the good work!

Dear Leagoose

Thank you for your post regarding your recent appointment with the Breast Team at Solihull Hospital. As you describe living abroad for the last 11 years and hearing lots of horror stories, I can well imagine that you would feel apprehensive about attending this appointment.

I am so pleased that you found all of your fears unfounded, and that you received a warm welcome from the outset, was treated with kindness and respect and felt listened to and understood.

I will ensure that the Lead Breast Care Nurse is forwarded your feedback so that they can share it with all of the team who work very hard to provide support and care to all of our breast care patients.

I hope this is acceptable and thank you once again for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is extremely important to us.

Kindest regards