"Terrible sexual health service - go to Coventry!"

About: George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust

I called a 9am on 4 August for a screening appointment at sexual health Stratford Healthcare on 10 August, when I could get the day off work.

I was told to call back at 9am on 8 August as they operate a 48 hour booking service. I did this, the phone was answered at 9.07am and I was told they were full for 8 August! 7 minutes after opening?

I was annoyed and frustrated and when I asked for a number to complain, I could hear the staff on reception saying 'I knew this would happen, having to get people to call back'.

The receptionist said they would transfer me to make a complaint and cut me off!

I tried three more times immediately afterwards to call back and left the phone ringing for 25 rings each time - no-one answered.

I called PALS in desperation to see if anything could be done to help me.

They said they would investigate and get someone to get back to me.

By midday I had heard nothing so called PALS again - and again spoke to someone who said they could not get through to sexual health either on the phone so had sent an email.

It is now 15 August and I have still not been contacted by either sexual health or PALS.

Thank goodness for Coventry drop in clinic, that's all I can say.

Terrible service SWFT!

This is my health you are toying with!

Response from George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear about your experience but South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust do not run sexual health services, these are run by George Eliot Hospital Trust, therefore I am unable to respond to your comment. I have contacted NHS Choices to ask that they re-direct your comment to George Eliot Hospital Trust for an appropriate response.