"Excellent nursing & physician care with dignity"

About: City Hospital (Birmingham)

I visited this dept. on 13/8/16 for a flexible sigmoidoscopy further to being called the morning before by an admin person who was very pleasant and polite. From the call to the end of the appointment, all staff were excellent, male and female nurses, separate gendered bays. I had a side room to get changed with an en-suite which was helpful. At any point, I could have had a shower in the event of incontinence, towels and toiletries provided. They gave me good advice before the procedure which relieved any anxieties. I am glad they advised me to wait a while in recovery. They gave me pads on request and were very kind when I was embarrassed as I needed further incont. pads. They managed my anxiety well. I am very grateful to this dept. They thought of everything and I now have a more positive view of this hospital after a negative experience of A & E earlier in the year. Thank you.

I would recommend this department and the staff who assisted me at this appointment.

Response from City Hospital

Hi Lin, thank you for your positive comments about your experience at City Hospital. I am very glad to hear that you were treated with kindess and dignity, and that your anxieties were relieved. It is always great to hear excellent comments like yours about our hardworking teams, and I will be sure to pass your thanks on to the Endoscopy Department. Many thanks and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.