"Shoulder impingement"

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

Went to the doctor and sent for Physiotherapy, managed to get a cancellation in April, 2 months Physio, then steroid injection, referred to orthopedics told 10 weeks waiting list to see consultant, then possibly 18 weeks before operation!

I feel like unless you have cancer or a heart attack you might as well go private, this is the national emergency service

Dear amextess,

I am sorry this is such a long journey for you. I can only imagine how painful it must be. I expect you will have said you could accept a short-notice appointment for both the Orthopaedics and your operation and I hope you are successful.

I will pass this to the management team but I am confident that they are conscious of this situation and I am aware they are doing everything possible to address the waiting times. I appreciate this is not helpful when you are waiting in pain and for that, I am sincerely sorry.

I do hope you get your shoulder sorted as soon as possible.

Kind regards,