"Waiting on prescriptions"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Pharmacy and Medications

Attended boston pilgrim hospital for a cateract op at 8. ooam third on list, waiting time was ok. problems arose whilst waiting for eye drops before discharge. after about 45 mins asked nurse what the hold up was and she informed me that it was an ongoing problem with the pharmacy and though numerous complaints from the staff no improvements to date.

Now I accept that a pharmacy is busy at the best of times, is it unreasonable to expect not to have to wait over three hours for a prescription. It ended up with a waiting area full of patients and their companions waiting to be discharged and the staff [who did a faultless job ] taking flack for something out of their control, and no room for incoming patients.

It should be up to the pharmacy on site to ensure they employ adequate staff to fulfil this task.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Vinjo,

Firstly I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the delays you, and other patients, experienced waiting for medication following cataract surgery.

I have shared your posting with the Pilgrim Pharmacy site lead and we will work with colleagues in the ophthalmology department to make changes to reduce delays.

I would like to discuss the details of your concerns directly with you so ask that you contact either myself simon.priestley@ulh.nhs.uk or Beverley Bolton on either 01205 445611 or Beverley.bolton@ulh.nhs.uk.

I look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Simon Priestley,